Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Read It Series

Being an avid reader and loving to write, it seems obvious in hindsight that I should have put these two together and kept a journal of sorts for the books that I've read or at least those that I love. It's those new perspectives, thoughts that a book rouses in you right when you've put it down that matter the most. Later on, you already are a changed person for the reading and it won't add as much value. Nevertheless, that isn't going to stop me from venturing to write about some of the books that have made an impact, lingered long after the last page was turned.
Book lovers in general go into a frenzy while visiting book shops, wanting to gather them all. Strangely that isn't the case with me, I'd want to read it all, sure. But buying them all? The minimalist in me would press the panic buttons and I'd mostly surrender the stage to the obsessed self without even realizing it. But if I did let myself buy all the books [not relying only on gifts and the relatively rare self-treats] that I love, which ones would they be? That is the guideline for the books that will make it in this Read It series (aka Wishlist), sort of a list of Must Reads. Watch this space! 


No comments: